Wall Starter Kits
WST & WSTV
Stainless Steel Wall Starter systems join new walls to existing masonry. Suitable for both internal and external brick or block walls. The connectors can be slotted together up to a maximum of 8 metres or 3 storeys high, from 60 to 250mm thick.
- Available in two grades of stainless steel
- Engineered for outstanding strength and performance
- Full fixing instructions are provided in each pack
- Each pack contains the fixings necessary for a single leaf wall up to 2.4m/8’ high
Grade 1.4301 austenitic stainless steel to EN 10088-2.
Grade 1.4015 ferritic stainless steel to EN 10088-2.
1. Plumb the lower connector against the existing wall so that it will be
central to the new wall.
2. Mark the position of the fixing holes. Each connector should be fixed
at three points, the first and last slot and in the centre. Ensuring that
one fixing is at the point where the two connectors slot together and
overlap. Fixings should be into brickwork and not mortar joints.
3. Drill and plug using an 8mm masonry drill bit and the plugs provided.
4. Fix the bottom two holes lightly using the stainless steel coach screws
5. Slot the upper connector into the lower one and repeat the above
stages. The upper connector can be cut to length if required.
6. Tighten all fixings using a 10mm socket or box spanner.
7. Build wall in the conventional way with a full mortar joint between
the existing and the new wall. Ties should be inserted at a maximum of
300 centres, every third brick course or each block course. Ensure that
the ties and connectors are completely embedded with mortar.
1. Ensure that the bottom edge of the connector is above the damp-proof course.
2. A weather seal of approximately 10mm should be created between the connector and the existing wall using
a flexible mastic sealant or a compressible sealing strip.
3. Consult your Local Authority, as additional weather proofing may be required in accordance with local
FURTHER DETAILS ON INSTALLATION ARE AVAILABLE ON THE PRODUCT PDF