Masonry Straddle Hangers
The WS Masonry Straddle Joist Hangers are designed for similar applications and installation as the standard Masonry Joist Hangers FHM & WM. The WS is two hangers joined together by a plate on the masonry flange to enable exact alignment of two joists positioned directly opposite each other on either side of a wall or beam.
- Flexibility of design means as well as the standard sizes, the WS can be manufactured in any size to order
- Galvanised steel EN 10346 DX51D Z275
- Grade 1.4301 austenitic stainless steel to EN 10088-2 (available on selected products – please see table)
- Manufactured to EN 845-1:2013
- 2.4mm thick
- The back plate of the hanger should lie at against the ver cal masonry support.
Masonry ange should have a minimum of 3 courses (675mm masonry) above.
- Both suppor ng and above masonry should be allowed to mature before any load is applied.
- Joist should be square cut and sit ght to the back of the hanger – maximum gap permi ed is 6mm.
- Nail the side ange with 30 x 3.75mm galvanised square twist nails or equivalent.
- To provide lateral restraint heavy duty straps should be used.
- The ‘masonry’ ange should always be securely xed or adequately embedded and should never be placed indry slots.
- Use appropriate xings.
- Always ensure that compa ble corrosion resistant xings are used, i.e. do not use galvanised xings withstainless steel products or vice versa.
- Use correct strength mortar as per British Standard.
When ordering, please state the width, height and the straddle width