Masonry Straddle Hangers
The WS Masonry Straddle Joist Hangers are designed for similar applications and installation as the standard Masonry Joist Hangers FHM & WM. The WS is two hangers joined together by a plate on the masonry flange to enable exact alignment of two joists positioned directly opposite each other on either side of a wall or beam.
- Flexibility of design means as well as the standard sizes, the WS can be manufactured in any size to order
- Galvanised steel EN 10346 DX51D Z275
- Grade 1.4301 austenitic stainless steel to EN 10088-2 (available on selected products – please see table)
- Manufactured to EN 845-1:2013
- 2.4mm thick
- • The back plate of the hanger should lie flat against the vertical masonry support.
• Masonry flange should have a minimum of 3 courses (675mm masonry) above.
• Both supporting and above masonry should be allowed to mature before any load is applied.
• Joist should be square cut and sit tight to the back of the hanger – maximum gap permitted is 6mm.
• Nail the side flange with 30 x 3.75mm galvanised square twist nails or equivalent.
• To provide lateral restraint heavy duty straps should be used.
• The ‘masonry’ flange should always be securely fixed or adequately embedded and should never be placed in dry slots.
• Use appropriate fixings.
• Always ensure that compatible corrosion resistant fixings are used, i.e. do not use galvanised fixings with stainless steel products or vice versa.
• Use correct strength mortar as per British Standard.
When ordering, please state the width, height and the straddle width